This is a somewhat balanced article from SFGate which does not demonize either side and presents some basic facts for a person who has not been actively following this issue.
I however can demonize one side – those who are fighting so hard to remove protections for transgender kids are, speaking frankly, a hate group. Transgender kids are the most vulnerable of all of us, and every time conservatives claim they are doing this to protect their sweet, sweet treasures, I ask them the following:
- Why do they never evince one shred of concern for transgender kids who are taunted, bullied, beaten, or worse by using the wrong bathrooms?
- What protections will they guarantee for transgender kids who suffer abuse as a result of the repeal? More or less than “squat?”
- Can they name even a single case in their state of a transgender teen assaulting a girl in the bathroom? Ever?
- Why do they never bring up transboys, only transgirls? Are they too stupid to realize the arrow points both ways, or do they just not give a shit about their virginal sons?
- Why, if their side is so pure and holy, do they not join in decrying the lies and libel and slander by hate groups like the National Organization for Marriage and the Pacific Justice Institute, especially when the latter has manufactured fake news stories of harassment? Why do they allow the law to be misrepresented? Is a lie OK as long as your friends are telling it?
California to some extent drives the nation. If the haters win here, I fear what will happen next. And don’t count on Californians doing the “right thing” and defeating the measure at the polls – remember, this is the same “hippy, dippy” state which thought gays and lesbians were so scary they should be banned by Constitutional Amendment from being allowed to marry someone they love. Large swaths of the state are very conservative, and if the propaganda message gets out that leering, hairy transgender “boys” are sexually harassing the virginal Aryan daughters of California…then all bets are off as to what will happen at the polls.
California’s right pins hopes on transgender issue – SFGate.
Amen. So many lies and so much hatred disguised as “concern”……
Walk a mile in my shoes…….